I know it's not quite Friday yet but I just found the following and thought I'd share it:
Top 10 Reasons to Adopt a Black Cat
10. You'll save $$ on their Halloween costumes.
9. You can always find them in the snow.
8. Holding a black cat is very slimming.
7. Black cats will match any decor.
6. A lint brush isn't required for a black-tie affair.
5. When you love a black cat, luck is on your side.
4. Black cats are like onyx, a beautiful gem.
3. Hey, they don't care what color you are!
2. Love knows no color.
And the number one reason to adopt a black cat...
1. They are the least likely to be adopted.
I really shared this with you because of #1. I adopted Leroy (above) as a kitten because all the other kittens from his litter were already adopted and he was languishing all by his little self! Nobody wanted him because he was black. Of course, it was my big dog Izzy who really adopted him. Everytime I picked up Izzy from day care at Woodland Animal Hospital, Leroy would shriek to get our attention and start climbing the side of his cage. This upset Izzy horribly (she's very maternal) and she would dash over to him with great concern and then run back to me as if to say, "What's the matter with you, Human? We have to take him!" Finally, I gave in and I've never regretted it!
There are lots of kitties out there who need a forever home. Please open your heart to one of them!
PS: Most shelters will not adopt out black cats right before Halloween. No, not because they are likely to be tortured or sacrificed as is commonly believed but, rather, because they are likely to be used as Halloween props and then abandonned. So just hang on a couple of weeks and then go look for just the right sleek panther kitty!