Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Patriotism blamed for marital infidelity

Oh, good grief:

'There's no question at times of my life, partially driven by how passionately I felt about this country, that I worked far too hard and things happened in my life that were not appropriate,' said Gingrich. 'And what I can tell you is that when I did things that were wrong, I wasn't trapped in situation ethics, I was doing things that were wrong, and yet, I was doing them.'

-- Newt Gingrich

See everybody, my love for my country made me do it. Uh huh. That's right. That's what is was: love of country! (Whew...)

You can read about it right here. (If you have the stomach for it, that is.)
~~~

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:27 AM

    I really like the "things happened" part...as if he had no hand in his own behaviors...they just "happened!!!!

    annie c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I agree, Annie. It's kind of like "mistakes were made" isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.