Thursday, January 22, 2009

This is just sickening

Really. It turns my stomach:

Limbaugh told his listeners that he was asked by “a major American print publication” to offer a 400-word statement explaining his “hope for the Obama presidency.” He responded:

So I’m thinking of replying to the guy, “Okay, I’ll send you a response, but I don’t need 400 words, I need four: I hope he fails.” (interruption) What are you laughing at? See, here’s the point. Everybody thinks it’s outrageous to say. Look, even my staff, “Oh, you can’t do that.” Why not? Why is it any different, what’s new, what is unfair about my saying I hope liberalism fails? Liberalism is our problem. Liberalism is what’s gotten us dangerously close to the precipice here. Why do I want more of it? I don’t care what the Drive-By story is. I would be honored if the Drive-By Media headlined me all day long: “Limbaugh: I Hope Obama Fails.” Somebody’s gotta say it.

I don't get it. I certainly didn't want Bush to fail. I wanted him to succeed in having his "Mission Accomplished" be for real in just a few short weeks (so that so many more thousands didn't have to die). I wanted him to succeed in responding to Katrina. I wanted him to succeed in pulling us out of a recession. He just wasn't competent enough to pull any of that off.

If Obama fails, America fails. How can Limbaugh possibly justify that desire?

2 comments:

  1. meh. Limbaugh is a very sad human being. Mean spirited too. Seriously, he makes a decent living at it, how crazy is that?
    He doesn't 'get it', how the individual spirit can work towards the collective spirit. in a good way.
    Otherwise... he gets to say whatever he wants, does he truly realize what his words say about him? He seemingly takes such pride in his opinions. that they're actually 'worth' something. meh.
    I hope the media just starts ignoring him, I've hoped that for a long time though... poor sad folks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:31 AM

    he GETS PAID to say it!

    annie

    ReplyDelete

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.