Sunday, July 19, 2009

Remembering

These are good:

There is no such thing as a little freedom. Either you are all free, or you are not free.
...
America's health care system is neither healthy, caring, nor a system.
...
It seems to me that instead of cutting taxes, we ought to be increasing the taxes to pay off the deficit, rather than let that thing build up to the point where our grandchildren's grandchildren are going to be paying for our period of time and our years at the helm.
...
It is a seldom proffered argument as to the advantages of a free press that it has a major function in keeping the government itself informed as to what the government is doing.

-- Walter Cronkite

I really like that last one a lot.
~~~

1 comment:

  1. These are fabulous. Walter Cronkite was part of my childhood. How sad that there are none like him anymore. At least not that I've seen on regular TV. The news reporting I heard as a child is so very different from what I hear now.

    ReplyDelete

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.