Sunday, January 15, 2006

Another comment

Today seems to be my day for bringing you comments I find on other blogs. Here's one (found on Eschaton) that brings me to the brink of despair because I know it's true:

80% of the national vote is counted by computers which are designed in secret, built in secret, and programmed in secret by Republican-friendly companies.

We the people aren't allowed to examine any of that. We just feed 80% of our votes, childlike, into unwatchable, unauditable, unaudited computers, run by Republican-friendly companies.

Right?

I mean, isn't that right?


I wonder if it's an exercise in futility to be giving money to the Democratic Party. Even if we mount effective campaigns, what good it that with the Republicans counting the votes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.