Thursday, May 17, 2007

Falwell's prayer

Well, I've been hestitant to weigh in on Falwell because of the old custom of not speaking ill of the dead. But I have a great appreciation for irony so I want to bring you this comment by Don Alejandro that I found on Common Dreams:

God answers Falwell’s prayer with a resounding “No”

Shortly after upgrading, umm, I mean updating Falwell’s condition from “gravely serious” to merely dead, CNN aired footage from an interview Christiane Amanpour conducted with Falwell only a week before he died.

The Associated Press reported:
In that interview, Falwell said he was praying for another 20 years so that he could see the completion of his expanding University. He pointed to a Biblical figure who was dying and prayed for an extra 15 years, and got it. “I am praying the same prayer, with an option to renew,” he said.

I think I'll make no further comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.