Friday, May 23, 2008

Another endorsement rejected

Well, we knew it was coming:


Sen. John McCain rejected the endorsement of a second controversial pastor Thursday, saying there is no place for the Rev. Rod Parsley’s comments about Islam.

“I believe there is no place for that kind of dialogue in America, and I believe that even though he endorsed me, and I didn't endorse him, the fact is that I repudiate such talk, and I reject his endorsement,” McCain said in a statement.

The rejection of Parsley’s endorsement comes several hours after McCain rejected the endorsement of Pastor John Hagee, who made controversial comments about the Holocaust and Catholics.

Wouldn't you think that all this plus the Obama-Wright flap would convince people in this country that separation of church and state is a good idea after all????

Sheesh.

UPDATE: John McCain's Spiritual Guides

No comments:

Post a Comment

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.