Friday, May 23, 2008

Huckabee wants to be Veep

You're probably aware by now that Mike Huckabee is sending the strong message to McCain that he's hoping for the number 2 spot on the Republican ticket. Mercy!

I found the above cartoon on a new site I just discovered. It's called FreeThoughtPedia. Lots of good Enlightenment articles!

Just for the record, folks, I'm not an atheist. But I have complete respect for the honest atheist and I think it is entirely possible to be both an atheist and a thoroughly moral and compassionate person. For the life of me, I don't understand how religious people can think that villifying the non-religious is likely to convert them. All it will do is reinforce their conviction that religious people are superstitious, irrational hate-mongers. (And many religious people ARE just that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.