Saturday, December 24, 2011

A mother's Christmas longing

Oh, my goodness, people. This is so very moving:

A Christmas Letter to My Gay Son

Here is an excerpt:

There is only one gift I want to give you this year. I have wanted to give it to you for many years. I have tried in every way possible to find a way to give it to you. It would bring me the greatest joy of all. How do I give you equality? How do I give you back the years you have missed 'not being equal' in this world?"

The entire letter is short. Please do click through and read it.

Dear people, there is not much that moves me to tears these days. But this letter did it. Oh, yes. This letter reached me in a deep place.

May it do so for each of you.
~~~

1 comment:

  1. Someone left this comment a bit earlier:

    "Every son, gay or otherwise, should have a mother like that. Thank you for sharing it."

    The comment seems to have gone missing but I wanted to share it all the same. I agree. And every daughter as well.

    Thank you to the person who commented.

    ReplyDelete

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.