Sunday, March 27, 2005

Easter - a fresh beginning

Happy Easter everyone! Regular readers of Child of Illusion are aware that we typically look at very painful material on this site. And I do not try to whitewash any of it because I believe that to do so would be to cultivate the mind poison of delusion. However, it is important not to drown in the pain and distress even though we do not shrink from looking directly at the way things are. Staying in the moment is the way to inner peace and emotional freedom and will keep us sane. Recognizing that the only constant is change helps us know that it is not necessary for anybody to be trapped or stuck - including those with power in our world today. And so I offer you a lovely observation on this day of new birth and fresh beginnings:

Every morning is a fresh beginning. Every day is the world made new. Today is a new day. Today is my world made new. I have lived all my life up to this moment, to come to this day. This moment--this day--is as good as any moment in all eternity. I shall make of this day--each moment of this day--a heaven on earth. This is my day of opportunity.


No comments:

Post a Comment

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.