Monday, June 05, 2006

Simply unbelievable

You know, I'm not easily shocked, but this shocked me:

You know, not even the Red Cross was interested in taking $1 million in donation for charity from us. We got a nice letter saying, thanks, but no thanks. Every tour cycle we donate money to a charity and we had wanted to put our money where our mouth was. When they turned down our money it made me so sad this could run so deep. You feel like all of a sudden you're poison.

- Martie Maguire, Dixie Chicks Fiddler


Of course, I made up my mind never to donate to Red Cross because of their incompetence during the Katriana disaster but this is beyond reprehensible. I had no idea their collusion with the Bush administration was so deep.

UPDATE: If you want the scoop on contributions to the Red Cross please read this article from the Los Angeles Times entitled, "The Red Cross money pit".

No comments:

Post a Comment

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.