Thursday, June 28, 2007

Diversity in schools

My friend, Walt Calahan nails it again:

Divided court rejects school diversity plans

A conservative majority led by Chief Justice John Roberts said other means besides race considerations should be used to achieve diversity in schools.

"The way to stop discrimination on the basis of race is to stop discrimination on the basis of race," he wrote.

Then Walt says the following:

I guess I'm just plain dense. I don't get it? Did Justice Roberts offer any suggestions then? If the majority race has put down minority races over the century, creating a culture of prejudice, then how does one fix the problem without giving minority races a leg up?

W

I so agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.