Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The gift of life for someone

Okay, folks. Do me a favor, okay? Do yourself a favor. Do humanity a favor. Fill out your organ donor card. Get it on your driver's license. Make an advance directive. Make sure it's on file with your doctor, your attorney and your regular hospital. Let your family know.

To get you motivated, read this:


One of the stories is about Christy Farley who had a heart transplant at age twelve. That was twenty-four years ago. Today she is healthy, is a nurse, and has a two year old daughter. How amazing is that?
~~~

1 comment:

  1. I've had the ole organ donor marked when I was in Alaska, and down here in Oz. Wife has standing orders for them to just do the "canoe job" on me cus I sure won't need it when I'm dead.

    ReplyDelete

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.