Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Stupid, stupid, stupid prohibition

Okay. In case you missed this when I said it before, I have never used an illegal drug - ever. This is not due to some kind of great virtue or principle. I just have never had the opportunity or the motivation at the same time. But I really believe very strongly that marijuana needs to be legalized.

Now go on over to Alternet and read this article: "10 Reasons the U.S. Military Should (Officially) Use Pot". Here's the lead:

Medical marijuana may have a host of advantages over other treatments for traumatized vets, but the VA won't even study its efficacy.


When I read about the drugs they WILL prescribe, this stance becomes even more ludicrous in my mind.
~~~

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:29 PM

    For marijuana to be classified as a Schedule 1 drug is beyond ridiculous. So many, many people could be getting some legitimate relief...

    annie c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Needless to say, I agree, Annie.

    ReplyDelete

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.