Thursday, January 28, 2010

RIP J.D. Salinger


I was driving home this evening after having stopped at the supermarket to stock up because an ice storm just started up here in Tulsa. I tuned in to the middle of a NPR program as I cranked up the car and they were talking about The Catcher in the Rye and I immediately thought, "Oh, my. J.D. Salinger has finally died." I just logged on to the internet a few minutes ago and, of course, it's true. Howard Zinn and Salinger both died on the same day. It truly is the passing of an era.

Here's the CNN report for you to read if you like:
~~~

2 comments:

  1. I always liked "Franny and Zoey" better than "Catcher in the Rye" but my children didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, me too, Jan. I learned about the Jesus Prayer from Franny and Zooey.

    ReplyDelete

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.