Monday, October 16, 2006

Why I tell you about the difficult news

A number of people around here say that they used to read Child of Illusion but don't anymore because it upsets them. They claim they'd just rather not know what's going on. For me, knowing what's going on is more likely to prevent anxiety than to stimulate it for the following reason:

Optimists believe that everything will turn out for the best. I, on the other hand, PREPARE myself for the worst, so, should it NOT occur, I'm delightfully surprised.

-- Ben Franklin

I agree. I want to be prepared - even if it's only a psychological preparation. That's better than being blindsided any day.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more. That's why I used to watch Fox News to see what was being feed to the right wing masses. But, that made me too sick.

    ReplyDelete

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.